
One of my goals once Danica started school was painting; rooms, not canvases. Our 'new' house has some really nice finishes on the walls, but no personality in the bedrooms (with the exception of the master-a soothing green). So on her first day I painted the guest bedroom, with the guest bath next on the list.
I painted the ceiling first, a chocolate brown , the same as the bedroom. The painting went quick, looked cool, then I pulled off the blue painters tape-tragedy! A lot of the paint pulled off with it, and even some of the original paint came with it! I don't know if I took off the tape too soon, waited too long, if something was wrong with the builder's paint or what?! In the many (dozens?) of rooms we've painted over the past 4 homes this has never happened! Needless to say, I haven't been real anxious to get in there and fix it.
Today was Dani's first day of no crying at school drop off! Wondering if it has something to do with dad's bribing, I mean incentive of a special treat afterwards...
The 2nd day of school the fire alarm went off because of some construction going on, so everyone evacuated and had to wait "till the fireman said it was safe to go back". Every day after school she tells me "No firetrucks today".
The sun came out this afternoon for the first time in 5 days after about 6 inches of rain. 2 missed practices and 2 missed games later, and rain in the
forecast for the next 5 days, I'm not hopeful for the 2 games and 1 game scheduled in the next 2 days. Lincoln's upset because its not fair that his opening ceremonies and 1st soccer game were postponed.

We have more bunnies! 4 sweet adorable babies in the same nest as the last "
lawn mowing incident", but no dips in the pool or mower-clipped ears or beagle chases yet! Don't imagine they'll stay long, as they don't seems as excited to see as we are to see them when we visit
upteen times a day.
The boys told me they are playing a new game in gym, called The Flu. The "it" person is the Flu and chases other kids and if they get tagged, they catch it and and try to infect everyone. I asked if the kids made up this game, but no, they tell me it was the gym teacher. I hope they sanitize when the game's over!
Last week we were debating where to go for dinner and mentioned to Lincoln that we should go to a restaurant (
ok, it was Hooters-the food's great!) because it has lots of
TVs and football games will be playing. Our media-room spoiled child commented that the
TVs there weren't big enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment