It seems most adults hate 'em. But really, I love my birthday. My family is especially nice, I use it an excuse to do whatever I want, get presents, eat dessert for dinner, and hear from everyone about how great I am. And I feel pretty good, for 34. That internet quiz I took tells me based upon my lifestyle I'm actually 13, thankfully without the hormones and acne (most days). Breakdown of my big day: Scott surprised my with one of those little laptops-a netbook (in bed using it now!), all 3 kids in school, shopped, lunch at BJ Brewhouse with Scott (yum, if you haven't been), Baskin Robins for dinner (yum yum), twins meeting, hung with mommy friends afterwards. Just lovely! Thanks everyone for making it great.
Time Out
After school, Dani mentioned that Joey had hit her. The story unfolded that she and Joey were playing blocks and he knocked down the tower and hit her. Ms. Tanya put him in Time Out. Later, I was re-telling the boys the story (they love to hear about her experiences), and the story unfolded some more:
me: Dani, have you ever sat in Time Out at school?
D: Yes.
me: Really, when?
D: Today.
me: Why were you in Time Out?
D: For hitting Joey.
Critters
The good news: 3 of the 4 bunnies vacated the nest a few days ago. The straggler seemed to enjoy loafing in various spots around the yard, until Bay found him last night, along with Annie, the neighbor's beagle who was over visiting. Our sweet babysitter, who was in charge at the time, 'buried' him back in his nest. Hopefully momma bunny will get the message to relocate. Add frog to the list of animals who find their way to us. Scott found the teensy-tiny 1/2 inch guy when he was mowing (of course), so we kept him in the fish bowl for a few hours until the babysitter and boys decided to set him free.
Popsicles and Butter Fingers
Yesterday, Linc had "Popsicles with the Principal". Each Friday, 3 students are chosen to have a Popsicle 'party' with Mrs. Bensley; it is motivation all week for positive behavior (Tally earners are disqualified). He was so pleased to share the news, and said he certainly wasn't hungry for a snack after that!
Also notable: Alex was excited to be selected by the Principal to do morning announcements Thursday, over the intercom broadcast to the school. He introduced himself and said the Pledge of Allegiance.
Throwing the football with Lincoln in the backyard today (the kid is obsessed with sports, especially football), he was having problems catching the ball. When I said, "C'mon butter fingers", he got a puzzled look, studied his fingers, rubbed them together and shook his head.
No comments:
Post a Comment