One word to describe our flu shots yesterday: Drama. Alex has been stressing about it ever since he heard me make the appt 2 weeks ago. The pediatrician's office was standing room only, and Alex got teary when we got to the exam room 30minutes later. I went first, Dani volunteered 2nd, and she dealt with the 3 shots (2 extra for school vaccine requirements) as well as can be expected for a 2 year old. Then Lex started bawling and had to be held down for his turn. Lastly, major drama; Linc, who'd been sitting quietly the whole time, started screaming, "No, no, one more minute, I'm not ready", was kicking and out of control. The nurse held him on her lap, I held his legs and arms and the moment before he got stuck, he said in a calm voice, "I'm going to be in control" and he took the shot. Oh, then no one could walk out of the office because their legs were so sore. Next year, I'm signing up for the flu mist.
Sleepwalker
Scott told me this incident happened a few weeks ago, but I didn't entirely believe it until I saw it Monday night. We were watching TV in the media room with the kids tucked in bed and fast asleep, when in stumbles Lincoln. He walks to the bean bag, pulls down his pajama bottoms and gets in peeing position. I said, "LINCOLN!", he turned to look at me, put his hands on his hips, let out a 'humph', then turned away and went back to the task at hand. I jumped up, led him to his bathroom where he completed the process and climbed into bed. Pardon the smell next time you're watching a movie at our house...
No comments:
Post a Comment