The title has nothing to do with this post's content, I just like watching our Dallas team come from 18 points behind to win with six minutes left!
My mom came for a long weekend and we kept her busy and hot! Friday night, along with Alex's baseball team, we attended the Frisco Rough Riders game, a local AAA baseball team, and even stayed 'till the very end for a rather unimpressive fireworks show. Three soccer games took up steamy Saturday, in which both boys played in a tournament and Alex scored a goal (yea, I think he needed that boost of confidence!). Scott and I left her with the kids Sunday while we checked into a hotel, napped, lounged pool-side, dined and watched a movie. It was lovely and relaxing, thanks mom. Always great to have you here.
![]() |
| On the field pre-game, with bro's & sis' |
![]() |
| Aww.. awaiting fireworks |

Appreciation: I volunteered weekly at the elementary school this year; Tues/Thurs mornings in Alex's classroom for 30 minutes and an hour in the library. I love helping the kids, keeping current on they're up to and have gotten to know his awesome teacher. A few weeks ago, the class surprised me with a book entitled "We Appreciate You". Each child contributed a page with some words and pictures. I was so touched and it made me feel so special! And today they gave me flowers!Linc has been begging to have his head shaved for weeks, so I finally gave in and Alex wanted a mohawk. I decided to try to a new do too, after what feels like years of basically the same haircut, I like it! Here's a shaky glimpse of of us; excuse the 4 year old photographer's skills.
Finally, a note on Aunt Patti. I mentioned in my last post that she was home from the hospital; that lasted about a day, then she got an infection so had to return. The good news is, after almost another two weeks, she's home again!! Keep the prayers coming that she stays at home and remains healthy, regains her appetite, weight and strength and her confusion decreases. Love you GAP!




No comments:
Post a Comment