Tuesday, September 14, 2021

First To Fly

Before Alex headed off to school, we had a family outing of axe throwing. It was fun, and guess who won? ME! I got the Lumberlord stamp!
Monday, August 16th Alex, Scott & I headed out on our adventure to settle Alex into school in Louisville. First goodbyes were to dogs, then siblings. 
Cleo was probably his hardest farewell!
Danica's Instagram post
Lincoln took us to the airport, but I messed up the goodbye pic of the brothers! 😞
He really doesn't like road trips and opted to fly, so I was a bit of a mess worrying about how purchasing everything once there would work out. This was all he took!
But we stocked up once there. 
He lives in a Business Learning Living Common dorm, so his roommates and kids on his floor are also business majors.
Alex & Sam's room; Alex's half is closest to the door, Sam is next to the window. Their suite mates have the bedroom next door.
Their shared living area- came furnished with couch & chair (which we slipcovered) and coffee table. 
Shared bathroom, with a shower.
Suite mates: Max (from Chicago), Alex, Sam (KY) and Michael (KY)
I could've used more time to 'nest' in his room and to shop for additional things, but.. he's a boy (and didn't really care!), and he was anxious to his college experience underway! "I didn't come to college to hang out with my parents!"
We had some time to explore the cool town and campus a bit, it was my first time there! 
With extra time before our flight (since we were booted out!), Scott & I toured Churchill Down and the Kentucky Derby Museum, adjacent to campus. Now I'm quite informed about horses and jockeys and racing! The Derby is always the 1st Saturday in May so classes are finished and students are gone by then.
Take off to return home was a tough for me... just knowing he was on his own, and we are far away, and that it'd be 14 weeks until I saw him again 💔💕.
He is living his best life and spreading his wings! Meeting people, going to lots of stuff, likes and hangs out with his roommates, and is going to class (yea!). "I really like it here" has been expressed more than once. This is what we prepare them for, right, so what more can a mom ask for? 
Maybe more frequent contact, and more details. I mean, there is some communication...

No comments:

Post a Comment