Thursday, March 8, 2012

A World Record Dream, Broken

Poor Alex, he's been absent-free for his elementary school career, until today. He was going for the world record, which according to his Guinness Book was a boy absent-free from K-7th grade.  His stomach hurt yesterday so he showed up tardy, but in time for 9:15 attendance. At 9:30 I got a call from the school nurse that he'd thrown up.  Today he tried his hardest to get ready for school, even got in the car and dropped off Linc, but just was feeling too yucky to go in. Then he came home and upchucked.  The bummer of it is, he missed the two days of 'mock' (practice) standardized testing, at 4 hours each and will have to make them up.

Lincoln's basketball season ended the weekend before last, 1-7.  Despite the record, he really enjoyed the game, learned a lot from his great coach and made a friend. He'll probably return next season and Alex may be interested as well, if only to run through the entrance curtain and strobe lights while his name is announced!  Danica is fired up to be an Upward cheerleader (so stinkin' cute!) and root the players on. Lincoln's soccer season started last Saturday and baseball games, which both boys are playing, will begin in a few weeks. Danica finished up several months of a dance classes, but has decided to take a break from any organized activity for now, with the exception of her obsessive watching of the Disney channel.

Scott was in a car accident a few weeks ago. Someone merged into his left turn lane across the white line causing some damage to his company car, but thankfully not him.


The dogs have enjoyed our mild winter and pass time by roughhousing in the back yard. Juno has adapted to our family just great and is a total sweetheart.  Happy to carry something in her mouth at all times, she also likes to chew, which  has been destructive and expensive.  Together, she and Domino can stir up some trouble so we don't know who's to blame. Although they've been better lately, we've resorted to leaving them in the laundry room  or shutting doors and barricading stairs when we're gone.  I'm embarrassed to admit this list of destruction: down comforter (I think they were playing on the bed and tore it accidentally), mattress pad, duvet cover and mattress (gasp!! thank goodness for duct tape), shoes, playroom toys left on the floor, a section of pool fence, outdoor pillow, books and magazines, bike helmet, bushes and dirt (digging),all squeaky toys, both dog beds. I'm going to stop now. I'm hooked on Cesar Milan's (the Dog Whisperer) books and shows so they'll be following their pack leaders (us) in no time.

Domino has this weird boxer thing where he stands over her. She doesn't care.

Any direction will do.
On her school picture day I took a few shots of Dan, knowing I'm never crazy with what comes home. She ate it up.



1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU all for loving Juno so much! I can tell she is so adored, loved and spoiled. Just the home I use to dream of for her! You guys are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete