No, this post is not titled after the kids' favorite place for dinner, but Gramma and Grampa's trip. They stopped here a few weeks ago for three days on their trek back to CO. Took in a soccer game, saw Dolphin Tale with Gramma (loved it! I cried 10 times) and Hooters with Grampa, of course! It took Domino a few days to get over his depression of Friday leaving.
Things have been pretty status quo; school, sports, cooler weather-yeah! With Scott out of town one night, I coached Danica's soccer practice. Lincoln wasn't feeling great, so for the first time, I let him and his bro stay home by themselves. I went over all the rules and told them to call if there were any problems. Halfway through practice I my phone rang; Alex urgently needed to know if Domino needed to be fed dinner. Not so much of an emergency, I think he was looking for reassurance he could contact me if need be.
We've had more problems with a rodent in our barbecue, and Scott's found tracks in his car engine too! Recently one has evaded us, until Domino alerted me to it drinking out of his outside water dish! The rat was not well and couldn't get away, so after many of my shenanigans, I covered him with a bucket and let him keel over in peace. The following morning a fresh acorn appeared in the BBQ; now his brother?
![]() |
| Actually kinda cute, if it wasn't a rat! |
![]() |
| What's that smell? |


No comments:
Post a Comment