Scott was in S CA last week for work and squeezed in visits with family. He caught up with his Uncle and cousins, some whom he hadn't seen in 20+ years, and his step brother Brian, whom it'd been 11 years since their last visit. He also enjoyed visiting with Aunt Patti; she was home, between treatments, and he reports she looks great, is in high spirits and ever faithful, but is easily tired. She's since started losing her hair and has shaved her head. He returned home with a renewed appreciation for family relationships and health. It was his first trip in months and we missed him!

I 'trimmed' some bushes while Scott was out of town. This was picture was halfway through, and below was Scott's pile to bundle. Fingers crossed they'll grow back, thicker and fuller!
The trees have started blooming which I love. One of my favorite decorating looks is with blooming branches. Yey spring!!
I sent Alex upstairs to do nightly jammies, teeth, room pick-up routine when a few moments later we heard him strumming away on his guitar. Danica hollered, "That doesn't sound like getting ready for bed!" She's already in training to be a mother!
While driving by a McDonald's, I mentioned that it is open 24 hours. After a pause, Dan asked "What if the workers get tired?"
My kids destroy shoes. Seems as thought Im always buying a new ones, because they wear them out, not outgrow them. We found ourselves at Famous Footwear (Fancy Footwear as D calls it) and Alex kept picking out the most oddball sneakers. See below for what he settled on. He tried on a pair of mid-calf lace-up Converse as well, but I convinced him that they might look a little silly with shorts. The kid is such a goofball, he cracks me up.

Every morning after we drop off the kids at school Domino stays in the car, curls up in a car seat at has a nap. He gets quite perturbed and won't budge if I attempt to help him out before his rest is over. Is he missing the boys? Quiet retreat? Ensuring that he won't be left home?

No comments:
Post a Comment