Sunday, February 28, 2010

Losing Alex

It happened again. On Saturday it was a beautiful day so I jogged with Dani & Linc in the jog stroller while Scott & Alex rode bikes to get a movie at Blockbuster. Scott was far ahead of me, and Alex was following him. I took a different route through a tunnel underneath an intersection. Scott & I met up several minutes later at Blockbuster, but no Alex. I asked, "Where's Alex?". "I don't know, he was with you", he responded. Panic set in. Scott hopped on this bike and went to find him. He found him shortly thereafter (thank God), waiting on the sidewalk with an older couple. When he couldn't find us, Lex had turned to head home and saw this couple walking so stopped and told them that he had lost us. He gave them our phone number and they called and left a message on our machine. Scott said he was calm, which is a little surprising considering his fear of being separated from us (stemming from an incident several years ago at Ikea, where he thought he was lost but I had my eyes on him..). Anyways, we are proud that he did the right thing and ask for help, stayed calm and knew his way home instead of trying to cross the busy intersection. After getting our movie, he said, "Dad, can you be sure to ride right next to me on the way home?" Sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment