Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week Two is Through


Two weeks of school are behind us. Linc and Lex are happy with their teachers and have just begun  homework. Beginning the new year on a Monday is tough, especially for all-day kindergartners. Overall, I think Danica is enjoying school; she's happy when I pick her up, with lots of stories to tell, then later says she 'hates' school. By bedtime, every night she's either in tears or close to it. Nothing specific, just every little issue becomes exaggerated by tiredness. She commented "Mom, Amelia said she actually likes school!" Big brothers and I had a talk about controlling our expressions when little, impressionable ears are listening. Morning wake up and drop off were tearful for a while, but it looks like she's getting used to the routine.

I had a good few weeks! I feel like a got a lot done, but it did feel weird, and I'll admit I felt like I needed to do more with this time. Laundry, groceries, dog walking, errand running, meal planning, house keeping and school volunteering are still regulars but the thought of a part time job popped into my head more than once. I've decided to give myself some time to get used to the new normal, then reevaluate.

Grandma Carolyn and Great Grandma Mildred came into town for Labor Day weekend.  Lots of catching up around the kitchen table, a few sports practices and church was about all we did with them, but it was nice and relaxing.  Scott and I took advantage of free babysitting and made date night into date 'overnight' and stayed not far away in a hotel; I think that was our first night out since May. It was great!

Alex's first guitar performance
 


My deer-dinged vehicle went in the shop this week for repairs so I'm driving a Dodge Caravan minivan rental, which the kids really like. Not so sexy or as nice a ride for me though.

Danica is giving t-ball a try this season. She's the only girl on the Yankees, which doesn't seem to bother her. She's hit the ball at every at bat, but when the coach tells her which position to play in the field she says, " I don't know where that is."



A little helmet bling
Alex's team has moved to kid-pitch baseball, and he's pitching. Check out the new goggles; thankfully his eyes aren't this bad, he just couldn't take a serious picture.


 
Linc's soccer began this weekend, still on the Jaguars.



 And to round things out, Scott's playing outdoor soccer, on the Ninja Warriors. Nice name, heh?

No comments:

Post a Comment